My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, November 9, 2017

haunted half 2017

About three weeks after the St. George Marathon was the Haunted Half-Provo.  I had previously registered to run it with Chelsea Riddle (my marathon running buddy), Becky Phillips and Shauna Goates.

I had taken quite a break from running, in order to heal up after the marathon, so I was a little nervous about being able to race 13.2 miles.

The Haunted Half ended up being a blast!  We all just took it easy.  We didn't worry about time, we didn't listen to music, we didn't stress at all.  We just ran, talked and had a good time.  It was perfect for a post marathon race.

The distance was just the right amount as well.  It definitely pushed me, but it didn't kill me.  When we crossed the finish line, I was completely spent, but felt great!

Again, I had completed a race with no stomach issues, no hip issues, and no IT band issues.  It was so awesome to be able to run two races in a row feeling so great!  It is always really fun to run with friends too.  It was the perfect combination.

It is a costume race, but none of us can handle running with loads of stuff on us, so we all bought Superwoman socks with capes, they were also compression socks.  Win, win!

The course was gorgeous, and the day was sunny, and beautiful.  We ran a trail that followed the Provo river.  We ran past waterfalls, under trees that were bright yellow and red, through parks with flowing streams, and we always had the huge majestic mountains right over us.  It was an amazing course.


rock the socks

freezing our butts off at the starting line...no joke.  It took about 4 miles of running before I could feel my fingers or my toes again.

Shauna Goates, Becky Phillips, yours truly and Chelsea Riddle.  Very fun running crew! 

Haunted Half Provo...you rock!

See you next year for sure!

No comments: