My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, November 9, 2017

pinewood derby

Sam had his pinewood derby last night.  My dad cut out his car for him, and Sam designed it. 

I walked into the kitchen Monday evening, to see Sam painting his car with a toothbrush!!  For real!

I told him that I bought him paint brushes he could use, and he responded that he couldn't find him, and that the toothbrush was working just fine.  I just bit my tongue and let him do his thing.

He ended up doing a great paint job!  haha!

He had a great time at the derby.  His car came in 3rd out of 4 every single race.  I guess 3 is his number. 

I am so glad that he wasn't caught up winning and in being competitive.  He was having a blast just watching the races, and being a part of it all.  I love that so much about Sam.  He could be winning or losing, but as long as he is having fun, he is content.  What an awesome trait to have.

At one point during the derby, the Scout Master asked all of the boys to tuck in their scout shirts.  Sam and his best friend, Blake were wearing sports shorts, but he made them tuck their shirts in anyway.  Karli, Blakes mom, and my best friend, was sitting by me.  We about died laughing watching our boys run around with their shorts up to their ribs and their shirts tucked in.  We literally laughed until we cried when we saw this picture. It was great.
Can't wait to pull this picture out when they are seniors in High School....hahahaha

This picture melts my heart.  It is so true to the friendship these boys have.  They have so much fun together, they are happy together, and they watch out for each other. 



The most ironic thing of the night...Sam won the best paint job award!  hahahaha!  I guess painting his car with a toothbrush was the way to go.

No comments: