My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, November 9, 2017

fall fun in p-town

The kids and I took a weekend trip, for fall break, to Pocatello.  We wanted to get out of the house, and do some fun fall activities as well.  I think we accomplished our goal.

My mom and I took the kids to a pumpkin patch. 





It had this INSAINE corn maize.  It was really cool, because you had to answer a question right to know whether to go left or right through the maze.  It was really fun for about 45 minutes, then we realized we weren't even close to being 1/2 way done.  Good grief!  We found an "emergency exit" and ended our corn maze adventure.

We got to take a tractor ride over to the pumpkin patch, and the kids were very intent on finding the biggest pumpkins possible.  I'm pretty sure they did!

 
Later that evening, we decorated grandma's warm, perfectly soft, and crazy delicious sugar cookies.  It was hilarious watching how the kids worked so hard on their cookies.  They definitely don't get their artistic side from their momma.



 

William greatly appreciated grandmas amazing sugar cookie recipe


that is a serious work of art....and a ton of candy corn

Bop even got in on the action.  Once again, there is no resisting grandmas sugar cookies.
 
I let the kids stay up late watching movies and playing games every night.  I'm pretty sure they ended up thinking that was the best part of the trip.
 
One of the days we took them to a really cool bounce house.  I was worried that the hour we paid for would not be enough time.  Sometime during my life as a mother, I might realize that my children are nuts, and very active.  The image of them just sliding down the blow up toys and then crawling back up was about as far from accurate as I could have imagined.
 
They blasted into that bounce house full steam ahead.  The were bouncing, flipping, running, sliding, crashing, and everything in between.  45 minutes after they started, they were all bright red, dying of thirst, and ready to collapse.  Rock on.



Sam and Mary had a contest to see who could slide down the blow up toys as UN gracefully as possible.  It was hilarious!!  Seriously, it was incredibly funny.  Oh man!
After the bounce house, I bought the kids soft pretzel bites with dipping cheese, and let them each get a soda. ( got the biggest Diet Coke known to mankind)
 
You would think I NEVER fed my children.  They went on and on and on with how it was the best meal they have ever had.
 
Pretzel time for the win!
 
Aside from our outings, we had fun just kickin' it at grandma and grandpas.
 
All in all, it was a great trip.
 
The evening we got back, I took Mary and Jett to their first ever Haunted House.  Mary had been freaking out all week for it, but was so excited to go.
 
Sam also went in another group with Trey (Jett's brother) and his parents.
 
It was a local one here in Heber called, The Night Walk.
 
I ended up being the one in the front holding the flash light, while Mary closed her eyes and clung to my arm.  Jet did his best to act cool, but he was totally freaking out.
 
According to Sam, he wasn't scared, but Jett's mom, who was standing behind Sam when he told me this, was definitely mouthing to me on the contrary.  haha!  Boys.
 
It was awesome!  I love haunted houses.
 
Mary survived, so did Jet. 
Jett Cherry, Trey Cherry, Sam and Mary
 
Boom.  Awesome Fall Break if I say so myself.

No comments: