My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, September 14, 2017

more summer happenings

This is going to be my last post about summer.  It is taking me forever to try to catch up, so I am just going to do one more loooong post, and then start in on current happenings in our lives.

One day, we were feeling adventurous, so I took the kids to Lowes.  It is an awesome trampoline park, that also has a trapeze, a climbing wall, a ninja warrior course, and a huge room set up for the younger kids.

The kids had a BLAST!!!  If it wasn't so expensive, we would go there every day.













Sam's favorite place this summer, here in Heber, was the skate park.  He and his buddies begged all of their parents daily to take them there.  They brought their scooters, and did some pretty cool stuff.  Sam is very brave!  I could not believe some of the stuff he would jump over and go around. 
William

Luke

Sam
 Of course, Molly and Luke did a lot of hanging out with their best friends, Boston and Beckham.


Luke and Boston building something

snow cones



Luke and Boston....best buds

Molly and Beckham....inseparable.
 
 
 
We went on a family hike to a place called Blood's Lake.  It was GORGEOUS!!!  It is named bloods lake because of all of the mosquitos.  They aren't kidding.  We got eaten alive, but it was really fun anyway.
 





 
I have been running a ton trying to get ready for my next marathon.  I had to take a break to heal up my IT band from the marathon in June, and I also got another steroid shot in my labrum in my right hip, to try to calm down the inflammation and allow me to make it through the rest of my training.
 
Some runs are better than others, and I was in a serious training rut last month.  Completely burned out.  Running in McCall helped pull me out of it, and some mental relaxing about running has helped as well.  I have had to force myself to chill out and just enjoy running again.  My 20 mile run a couple weeks ago was awesome!  I have a 21 miler coming up in 2 days, and I'm praying it goes well also.  After that, I start tapering for the marathon.  The worst of the training will be over!!!
I LOVE the view on my long runs


right along my running path

 
 
Luke was diagnosed with strep throat, and soon after we got home from the doctor, he was stung in the neck twice!!!  The poor kid!  After we got him all fixed up, he grabbed his guns and told me he was going to kill all of the bad germs and bad bees.  Go get em' Luke!!!!
 
Actually....he ended up being totally freaked out the rest of the summer, and refused to play outside if he saw a bee. Poor guy.
 

Luke dresses up almost daily.  His outfits are amazing!!  I looked outside one day this summer and about died from laughter.  I love this kid so much.




We went to the duck pond a couple times.  The kids love how the ducks eat right out of your hands!  Molly thought it was awesome, until they started chasing her...hahaha!










Luke and Boston figured out how to siphon water one day.  Unfortunately, they tested it on about 20 of our food storage water bottles in the basement...argh!!!
 
It was really cool though, once they took it outside.  These two crack me up!



 
Speaking of food storage.  Molly is a huge organizer!  She discovered our food storage, and her favorite thing to do down there is to organize the food storage.  Too bad it is already organized ON the shelves, and she likes to organize it OFF the shelves.
And last, but not least, our summer has been full of looking for "Diaper Horses."  Molly calls these horses diaper horses, and I cannot tell you how many times I crack up when I hear her say it.
Oh, she is so stinking cute!
Aaaannnd, that's a wrap for summer 2017.   Whew!

No comments: