My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

a memorable memorial


 
Ryan and his family flew down from Alaska during Memorial weekend, so we all decided to drive to Idaho and hang out for a while with them at my parents house.  Devin was able to come too, so it was like a mini-family reunion.

Ryan's family has the most kids that are my kid's ages, and they had an absolute blast together!!  It was so fun to see the cousins living the dream.

The weather was pretty warm, so we were able to play outside in my parents dream land backyard.

the boys pulled out the bow and arrows, and made a HUGE cardboard target, complete with pictures they drew of bad guys to aim at.

 

cousins

trying to make a basket from the fort


We took flowers to the graves of my Aunt Annette, and my grandpa and grandma Hanks
Molly jumped, and jumped, and jumped, and jumped.  Every second she could, she was out on the trampoline.  She cracks me up!



I had a horrible case of TMJ pop up out of nowhere, so my cousin Jeff, the Orthodontist looked at my mouth, Devin, the dental school dude, did an impression of my teeth, and my dad, the lab guy, made a mouth guard for me.  I have serious hook ups!  The TMJ has taken weeks to resolve, but it is almost all the way better.

My children were taught the very intense and serious ways of playing Hero Quest. They loved it, I just rolled my eyes and remembered the days of my brothers playing this game day after day after day.
We had late night campfire's and s'mores, we had lots of laughter, a few spats, I got in my canal runs, and even a long run, the kids got in some serious boating and tube wars, the cousins laughed, talked and giggled into the wee hours of the night, and we all came home happy, exhausted and grateful to be part of such an awesome family.

No comments: