My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

he graduates!

The day after we got back from Idaho, and Memorial Weekend festivities, William graduated from Kindergarten!

This was a big deal for him.

He had quite the year!!

He started out testing way behind everyone else. (because it was a verbal test, and he was shy)

He went to all day kindergarten, and also was in Spanish dual-immersion.

He had some serious bullying problems, that were a huge obstacle for him to overcome.

He ended up testing out at a 1st grade level, and was asked to be in the 200 club!  (a club where you are invited if you have top grades and behavior in your class)

He ended the year in a half day class, in a different class than what he started in, and he blew his test scores out of the water!

He had a huge year, and I am so proud of him and everything he had to overcome.  He did not give up when things were very hard, and he learned to hang on and finish what he started. 

I never would have thought that Kindergarten could be quite like this for a child, and I don't know if I would have put William through a year like this, had I known what was in store, but I can honestly say that he is stronger, smarter, and better because of it.

He is one amazing kid!


The program was adorable!  They sang tons of songs in Spanish and English.  William had a small part, and he did it well.


I went up to William's room the other day, and he had his graduation picture and diploma on a shelf, where he can see them every day.  I think it really represents something to him.  It shows him every day that he can do hard things, and that he has the whole world ahead of him.

No comments: