My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

our birthday

The day after the 4 parties, was mine and William's actual Birthday.  William:6  Me: 34

We woke up to a fun balloon bouquet from the family.  That was a fun surprise.

The rest of the day was pretty normal.  We were all pretty drained from the huge week we had with Memorial weekend in Idaho, last day of school parties, William's party, graduation, and so on. 

It was nice to just rest.

Later in the afternoon, we decided to go on a hike up to donut falls.  I love to hike, and William loves donuts, so it was a good Birthday hike combination.  It was a very pretty hike, and it is always great to get up in the mountains.

My Birthday is always a day of reflection for me.  It is quite a significant day really.  I remember the Birthday I lost a baby, and the following Birthday when I had a baby.  I think about Molly, and her journey here, I think about William, and the timing of his birth that brought so much peace and healing.  I think about my own mother, and what she was thinking and feeling 34 years ago on this day.  I think about my life up to this point, and what my future will be like.

I am usually very grateful this day and full of joy for the blessings I have been given, and for the life I have been blessed to live.

It can also be a hard day for me as I get older.  A lot of the fun and excitement can sometimes be turned in to just a normal day.  People have turned to facebook and texting as a means to say Happy Birthday, instead of phone calls and cards.  It seems the world is becoming more and more impersonal as time goes by. Life goes on, kids are kids, the house doesn't clean itself, and, things can just kind of feel same as always, even though, it seems it should be an abnormal and special day.   That can be a little difficult.

All in all though, it was a good day, and I love that I can share it with William, and that I have such spiritual and special memories to tie to this day.

William got all of his partying out the day before, but we did save his donut cake for the actual day.  That evening, we sang to him and he blew out the candles.  While we were singing,  he just started laughing and laughing and laughing.  He was cracking up, and actually tearing up too! It was hilarious!!  By the end of the Birthday song, we were all laughing.




Oh, I love this boy of mine so much, and I love what I can see in him as he gets a little older.

I decided to have my cake the following day, to try to spread out the treats a little bit.  I definitely considered the s'mores a great Birthday cake for the day.
Ben made my favorite cake the next day, Confetti cake with Rainbow Chip frosting...it was amazing!

That night was another neighborhood party.  This one was a homework burning bonfire and s'mores bar.  It was nice to visit with friends and neighbors for a while, and it is a crack up to see these kids burn their homework.  They really enjoyed that one!  It was a great way to end our Birthday.


Some things about William:
William loves to snuggle and to be hugged and loved. 
He is an awesome reader, and he is very smart when it comes to school work.
William is very loving and fun-loving.
He loves to play video games, ride his bike off bike jumps, and play with his best friends Tyson and Camden.
He loves Larry, his lizard, and he really, really loves dogs.
He suffers from some OCD and some anxiety, that he is just now trying to learn to work through.  He is a strong boy and tries so hard to do the right thing and make sense of hard things.
He has a sweet heart, and a sensitive heart as well.
His favorite colors are orange and blue.
He HATES getting wet when he has regular clothes on.
His favorite dinner is chicken enchiladas.
His favorite treat is chocolate chip cookie dough...and the cookies too.
Best friends:  Tyson Muhlestein, Camden Dyer
Favorite sport: soccer...and he is dang good at it!

We love you William, so so much!
Happy Birthday!

No comments: