My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

service goes a long way

The Monday after our HUGE week, we were really wanting to finish getting our parking strip in.  All 110 yards of it.  Yikes!!

I was trying to clean the house, and get things ready for our family that would be arriving the next day, as well as figure out our summer schedule, and get used to having all of the kids home.  Ben was working, and trying to find time in the evening to finish the parking strip.

The night, as Ben was out shoveling and smoothing rock, I was inside doing dishes from dinner.  I glanced out the window and saw this!



Two families from our ward, who are also good friends of ours, were out doing service around the neighborhood for FHE.  They saw Ben out working, and stopped to help.  They stayed for almost two hours, and completed the parking strip!

Things like this mean the world to me.  I was so touched and humbled by their service, and by how much it truly helped.

Dang, we live in a good place. 
People are good.

No comments: