My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, March 8, 2015

stools

When we first moved in to our house, I bought the most adorable mustard yellow bar stools to go up by our bar/island.
 
The were one of my most favorite items in the house.  I loved the color, the charm, and the personality they brought in to our kitchen.  They made me smile every time I saw them.
 
Sadly, those dang expensive stools were very wobbly, and would fall constantly.  One finally broke.
 
We were left with one cute, mustard yellow, wobbly stool, and three extremely ugly wood barstools that we bought years ago, that were covered with splatters of paint from my various paint projects through the years, and were chipped and nicked all over the place. 
 
I have really hated having theses ugly stools front and center in our kitchen, but I haven't had the heart to spend loads of money on new stools, and the kids need somewhere to sit when we aren't at the dining table.
 
The other day, I finally decided to just go for it, and buy new stools.  It killed me to think of the piano lesson money I would be spending, but I was tired of these ugly stools in our pretty kitchen.
 
As I was hunting online, I came across a picture of the cutest stools I have ever seen!  The only problem, they were $150...each (without shipping cost added on).  Um, I needed 5 of them.  My heart sank.
 
Then, I looked closer.  And a little closer.  And my heart soared.  My non crafty self could probably pull this off! 
 
I spent a total of $15 and one days (nights) time, and look what happened!
 
 

Boom baby!

I am absolutely in love!  I love the charm they bring.  I love the personality!  I love that they can get chipped and scratched, and it will only add to the look.  I love that they were only $15 to make.
 
I can now officially say that I love my bar stools once again.
 
I obviously have two more stools to make, and I skipped number 3, because William REALLY wanted number 4 (because he is 4).  I will probably make them this week.
 
 
As for my adorable mustard yellow bar stool...I found the perfect spot for it.

Hooray for stools!

1 comment:

Juls said...

Those are super cute stools!! Way to go!!