My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, March 8, 2015

sammy boy's baptism

Sammy Boy's baptism was yesterday. 

From a mothers perspective, and as someone who has a very deep rooted and personal testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it was an extremely special and sweet day. 

If I could wish anything for my children, it would be that they would stay strong in the faith that they are raised in, and grow their own personal and solid testimony of this church and of Jesus Christ.  I would give my life if it meant that my children would all serve missions (at least my boys anyway), marry in the temple and stay firm in the faith.  To me, there is absolutely nothing more important...nothing.  Nothing bring greater peace, joy and happiness to me in my life, than this blessed Gospel and its teachings.

The morning was naturally a little nuts trying to get everyone ready and to the church by 9:00 on a Saturday morning, but we did it, and it was worth it.  Sam absolutely loves his suit, and he literally couldn't wait to put it on.  He proudly walked out of the room once it was on, and "casually" made sure he walked right by everyone, so we could all see it. 

He looks so great in his suit.  It literally made me tear up, because he looked older.

Ben and Sam went to the church early to get ready, and then the rest of us followed a while later.

When we walked in and saw Sam all dressed in white, next to his dad, who was also dressed in white, I thought my heart would burst.  There was such a sweet and special feeling in the room, especially with Sam.

He seemed peaceful and happy.  He is a naturally very sweet and tenderhearted boy.  That vibe that he naturally sends out, was magnified and almost tangible.  He was glowing.

He ended up being baptized twice, because his hand didn't go under the first time, but he was a good sport, and now has something unique to help him remember his special day!

He best friend Blake was there, right next to the font, and right before Sam went under the water, he opened his eyes and smiled at Blake.  Blake smiled back.  It was a very cute moment.

My mom gave the talk on the Holy Ghost after the baptism, and it was wonderful.

Then Sam was confirmed.  Ben did the blessing, and my dad, my brother Devin, Brother Asay, and Brother Deyer were also in the circle.

Sam told us that he immediately felt the Holy Ghost with him, and that he felt so happy and warm.

After the baptism we all ate at a Mexican restaurant here, and than played at the park.  It was a beautiful day! 

We followed Sam's request and went to Dairy Keen for the worlds best milkshakes afterward.


We then came back to our house, with the extended family members that came and watched a movie and hung out.


Sam got his very own scriptures, and was so proud!  He was really excited to use them tonight during our family scripture reading.

Grandma made him a HUGE candybar poster.  It was awesome! We hid it extremely well, but the littles still found a way to eat some of it.  hehehe

Sam was also able to have a bonfire at Blakes house that night.

Perfect day for Sam! 

I am so proud of you Sam, and my heart is very, very happy with this decision you have made.  I am so happy that we can be an eternal family forever.





 
























No comments: