My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, January 15, 2015

4 month well baby check up

Molly had her 4 month check up today.

Some stats:

Weight:  13 lbs 14 oz  (39th%)
Height: 25 inches (68th%)   By far our tallest baby!
Head:  16.25 in  (66%)

Molly has a nasty head cold, that keeps her nose completely stuffed, so she can't eat or sleep well (which has made for some LONG nights), and she and mary got a nasty stomach bug today, but other than that, she is healthy, and doing great!

Molly didn't cry once during the exam.  The doctor poked and prodded, and she just laughed, smiled and talked away.  The nurses and doctors went nuts over her and hung on to every smile and laugh. 

She didn't even cry for her three immunizations!  Her face crumpled, and she made the saddest face ever (both nurses felt terrible) but she didn't cry.  It was amazing.

I am the idiot that finally made her cry by pinching her leg in the car seat buckle after the appointment.  I felt so terrible.  The doctor and nurses teased me for being the one to make her cry after all they had just done to her.   Go mom.

Molly is tall and very strong for her age..  She is still hanging on to her dark hair, and darker toned skin.  So crazy!  The doctor said he hair will turn blonde, but to enjoy the brown while it lasts.  I told him not to worry... I savor every little thing right now.

I read an article recently about a mother her had her last child, that summed up my feelings with Molly Grace perfectly.  It is not meant to be negative or a downer, but it explains how I have felt.  She said something along the lines of, "All of her firsts are lasts for me.  The last first smile, the last first roll over, the last first giggle, etc.  It can be a heart wrencher."

Perfectly said.  I am savoring everything.

No comments: