My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

another note

Mary moved up 3 levels in tumbling this summer, and will be competing at a level 6/7 this year.  It has been pretty exciting for her, and her coaches.  She is officially in the upper level division now.  They have let Mary go at her own level and her own pace the past few months, and she has just taken off.  It has been fun to see.

Mary watched a documentary on Gabby Douglas (the Olympic all around gymnast), and has since been figuring out exactly how many levels she would have to move up each year, in order for her to be able to be eligible for the Olympics when she is old enough.  She has also set specific goals to reach these levels.  She wrote everything down in her special notebook.

I have not instigated any of this, or pushed this in any way.  It has all been Mary's doing.
However, I am all about my kids dreaming big, and setting goals, so I have let her do her thing.  I haven't discouraged her in any way, but I am definitely not telling her she will be an Olympian.  I am just encouraging her to set goals, and to reach for the stars.

Anyway, as I was up in Molly's room the other day, getting her some new clothes to wear, I found this note on her dresser. 

"If Mary is not in the Olympics by the time you are 10, I owe you $25."
Haha!   I thought this was pretty cute. 
I have not let Mary know that I saw this note, and I will leave it just where it is for a while.

Way to reach for the stars Mary!

No comments: