My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, November 1, 2014

ben's birthday

Ben is 33! 

We basically split his birthday over the course of three days.  The Saturday before his Birthday, I gave him my present....a date to go see the Warren Miller movie, here in Park City. 

I lined up a babysitter, bought the tickets, and got it all set up. 
It was a lot of fun!  Those movies are pretty awesome. 

We stopped at Dairy Keen on the way, and got some milkshakes.  I think I had the most delicious pumpkin pie cheesecake milkshake that I have ever had in my life!  It was soooo good!

We brought Molly with us, and she slept through the whole thing!  She must be the youngest of 5.

The move was great, and it is always a fun experience to go to those showings.  Happy Birthday Ben!

The next day, Sunday, I made Ben his Birthday Cake.  It is the most delicious chocolate cake with homemade caramel drizzled all over it, that we have ever, and probably will ever have.  The only catch is that it takes about 3 hours to make.  Believe me, it is worth it!

That evening, Ben opened his presents from the kids.  Mary is gone most of the day Monday, and she wanted to be a part of everything, so that is why we did a lot on Sunday.
I told the kids to get creative and make Ben his gifts from them.
They were the most sweet and precious gifts, from the heart.   These kids adore their daddy.

Sam, William, and Mary spent hours cracking big rocks into pieces, with other rocks, until they found "the perfect rock pieces" to give Ben.  It was very sweet of them.

A very sweet and special homemade card from Mary.

And the absolutely most amazing airplane, made by Sam.  He even hammered the nails and broke the boards all by himself.
Luke gave Ben lots of hugs and kisses, and Molly gave him lots of snuggles and a couple of heart melting smiles.

On Monday, Ben's actual Birthday, he woke up to decorations and I left him a card from me.  His work buddies brought him breakfast, and took him out to lunch.  He also got cards and phone calls from loved ones.

I am so lucky to have Ben in my life, and I love any chance I can get to celebrate him.

Happy Birthday Ben!

No comments: