My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Friday, June 13, 2014


Well, it has been 10 days of torture, but I think I may actually be starting to get better.  This flu and all the crud that has come from it, have been absolutely unbelievable!

I know you are all getting sick of the play by play of this wretched crud that has racked my body for what feels like forever, but it has been my life the past 10 days, so that is what I blog about.  It's reality.

Believe me, no one more than me, wants to be able to be posting posts about fun summer activities, trips, adventures, stories, house projects, and happy pregnancy updates.  I am yearning to post things like that, and to begin experiencing those things again, almost more than I can stand.  That is the prayer in my heart.

I went back to the doctor 2 days ago, after I felt like I was just getting worse, instead of better. The sinuses in the left side of my face were hurting like nothing I had ever experienced before. 

The doctor FINALLY found an antibiotic I can take for the sinus infection and bronchitis, that won't hurt the baby, and also prescribed a pain killer narcotic, to help with my inflamed and rupturing sinus membranes.  They have had enough, and were literally starting to rupture from the pressure and irritation. It was so nice to finally get something to kill this illness once and for all....hopefully.

That pain in my sinuses was a surprise.  I thought I had been through it all, when this hit a few days ago.  The pressure, I was hating, but getting used to, but the pain...whole new ballgame!

The entire left side of my face felt like someone had grabbed the nerves in my teeth, eye, nose and cheek, and was pinching it over and over and over again.  My whole head, neck, jaw, and face just throbbed with sharp pulsating pain., It was extremely painful, and it took a double dose of the narcotic to finally lessen the pain.

The dreams created from the narcotic were nuts!  I dreamt that these little evil people were stabbing my face with needles and jumping up and down on my sinuses. There were other little people pouring nails and rocks in my chest and shaking them around.  I woke myself up twice yelling at them to stop, and then realizing that the dreams were coming from the pain.  It stunk.

 Twice in the night, it hurt so badly that I couldn't even open my jaw or turn my head, so Ben had to get up and get my pills for me.  The pain lasted throughout a day with the kids home, so I had to choose between that horrific pain, or trying to take care of my kids while incredibly drugged.  I did half and half.  Took half the narcotic and still took care of my kids.  I felt drunk all day, but at least the pain was somewhat held at bay, enough to kind of function, and the kids stayed entertained enough that I was able to stay on the couch or in bed most of the day. That was rough for a couple of days.

Last night, was the first night, in almost 2 weeks, that I slept the entire night!  I didn't have to sleep completely sitting upright in order to breathe. I didn't wake up in desperate need of pain killers.  I didn't wake up with cotton mouth and cracking lips.  I didn't wake up with coughing fits. I didn't wake up because my head was slouching down on my chest from trying to sleep sitting straight up. I was able to be propped up with just 3 pillows, and still breathe.  It was heavenly!  I woke up this morning with some energy too!  Hallelujah.

I was even hungry this morning...just not for the eggs that I have no choice but to eat.  Blech!   At the doctors office, I weighed the same as I did at the end of my first trimester...and this is the last week of my second trimester.

  Between the gestational diabetes diet and getting the flu for 2 weeks, I'm not exactly doing the normal ballooning out during pregnancy this time.  As much as I would LOVE to be able to eat a bowl of cereal, a piece of homemade bread right out of the oven, or a huge, warm, giant, gooey, cinnamon roll, I will be happy for this a month or two after I have the baby, and I am not working off tons of pregnancy weight.

On another note, William woke up this morning and after going back to sleep for another hour, started telling me his tummy hurt, and then threw up. 

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

1 comment:

Juls said...

I had that flu so I totally know how you feel except for the pregnant part and having to take care of kids. I got that back when I was in college. I went on a family vacation with my family to Florida and the Bahamas. I got sick the second day there and had a fever for four days straight before my parents took me to a clinic. I was coughing so hard I threw up. My dad told my mom later that he didn't know why I was acting like a grump on the trip. If he only he knew how horrible it was. I bruised my ribs from coughing so hard and it hurt to breath or do anything active for the next month. I am glad you are finally feeling a little better. I am sorry you missed so much last week and that you barley got to see Ryan. I was really sad for youand can only imagine how very difficult that was! I hope next week is better! Hang in there!! So excited for you to have a girl!