My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Friday, June 20, 2014

alive

Yesterday was the first day in 3 weeks I had energy and felt more alive than not.

 It really is good to be alive, and more importantly, to FEEL alive.

It is amazing what energy, and getting over a horrible illness, can do for a person.

I am such a doer, and go getter, that being down and out not only is miserable for me physically, but it can really do a number on me mentally as well.

I am happiest when I am exercising, doing fun things with my family, working on and planning projects in our home and yard, hanging out with friends, and just being alive and active.

Being as sick as I was, really put a damper on all of this, and was very difficult.

Yesterday, after I got my pregnant body fed and revved up for the day, I noticed that I had energy.  I was so excited!  I immediately texted about 11 of my friends and told them that I was back among the living, that we were headed to the "big park on Main Street", and invited them to join us.

It was a gorgeous day..with perfect park temperatures.

I had the kids do all of their jobs, I did my "jobs", we blasted through breakfast, packed a ton of snacks, and headed to the park.

Being in the warm sunshine, talking with a bunch of friends, and watching my kids play, was so rejuvenating and refreshing. 

We ended up staying for 2 and 1/2 hours.  It was awesome.  My kids played their hearts out, and I talked and had a great time with my friends.  It was a great start to the day.

We came home and spent the afternoon resting, the kids played with friends, reading, and hanging out.

Yesterday evening was the first official "book club movie night."  Some of us moms in the neighborhood (that have been a part of a book club for about a year now) picked out a book for each month of summer, that we will read to our kids.  At the end of each month, we will watch that movie outside on my friends giant screen in her yard.  Yeah, I know, genius idea huh.

 I love how it has helped us get into the habit of me reading to my kids everyday, and ensuring that we have a quiet moment every afternoon to be together, snuggle, and enjoy the adventures of far away places, and exciting stories that these books offer.

This month's book was Matilda, and last night was the movie showing.

Friends and neighbors poured in, candy and treats were everywhere, kids were playing and snuggling in their blankets, and we all got together for the show.

As I looked around, I was reminded once again, of how blessed I am.  When I am down and out for so long, it is easy to begin to feel isolated, alone, and depressed.

Yet, here I was, surrounded by these gorgeous mountains, lakes, and valleys, in an amazing neighborhood, in a town I absolutely love, with genuine good solid friends all around me, my kids were happy with their friends everywhere, and I felt so grateful and thankful for life, health, family, friends, and the goodness of God in my life.

Dang, we live in an amazing place.  God is good.  I am blessed.

No comments: