My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fun with Fireworks...and a side note.

This is way off subject, but I want to share some of my thoughts really quick.
Today has been kind of a rough day for me. I have just felt down and a little discouraged. I haven't thought about anything in too much detail for a little while, but for some reason today, I can't seem to get my mind off of everything. I can't believe it has already been a month since everything happened, it is just so weird to me. At times, it feels like yesterday, and the emotions are painful.
I came home from Mary's swimming lessons today(which are going WAY better) to find a yummy treat left on our door from a sweet friend who left a note on top saying she was thinking of me and was here if I needed anything. A few minutes later, as I was wondering what to do with the kids today, and feeling extra tired, another friend knocked on the door and invited Mary to come play with her daughter. Great timing! And then, I got on my email and had a sweet note from a friend I haven't seen in a while. She was just letting me know that she was thinking of me and hoping we were all doing o.k. I also got some letters in the mail from some relatives with their sympathies and kind words in them. Also, a few late Birthday cards. My heart is full and I am so humbled with the outpouring of love I have felt today. It was really needed and it really boosted my spirits to feel that I am not alone, even though time has gone by. Today, I was lifted from the strength and actions of others.
I am learning more and more about the power of love and friendship. Even though it has been a month, and we are doing better, it is so comforting to know that our dear friends and family are still rallying around us. The longer a trial goes on, the harder it becomes to keep holding strong. We are holding on though and we are getting stronger. It is times like this though, when the love and care of others really goes a long way. It can also be a time though, where the love and support dwindles, because of the time that has gone by. This has not been the case with any of our friends and family. I am so grateful for the wonderful people in my life who have helped keep us going and who have carried our burden with us. I have been so humbled by the love and support that continues to come our way. We have not been forgotten. I have learned a valuable lesson about truly carrying one another's burdens, and I will be better from now on when it comes to helping others. I have seen the impact it can have and I have been so humbled. God truly does work through others to spread his love. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who work as His angels and who are ready and willing to love and care.


On another note...the real reason for this post. I forgot to add these to our last post. Even though we didn't get our hands on the "big stuff" this year, we still had fun with some fireworks. There is just something about fire, accompanied with loud noise, that makes me smile. If you look closely, you can make out the "B" that Ben made while he was writing his name with the firework.





1 comment:

Erin Darrington said...

You better believe it sister, we all love you little family and we aren't going anywhere. I wish we lived closer so that we could be more hands-on in the support we give. Know that we love you and continue to pray for you. And btw - Fun pictures!