My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am thankful for.....Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Wow, what a wonderful experience to sit back and reflect on how many amazing blessings we have been given and how grateful and thankful we are for every single one of them. I love it when the dinner topic turns to, "So, what are you thankful for..." and we all go around talking about what are thankful for. It brings in such a positive spirit and I come away feeling so blessed. I guess I should do this every day, and man, I sure try, but it is always a little easier when there is a whole holiday dedicated to it.
We had a GREAT Thanksgiving here in our home. Dan and Kristen (Ben's bro. and his wife) are here with us, so we have been extra blessed. Love it!
We actually started the festivities last night. The four of us went to Twilight!! Thanks to Mike and Mel for watching the kids. We owe you one. ;) Wow, I want to see it again tonight, and tomorrow night, and the next and the next.....It was a good night.
Today started with the YMCA Turkey Trot. It was really fun! Mary did the kids run and she rocked the house. Go Mary! It was so cute! She had her big cheesy grin and her little legs were pumping as fast as they could. Priceless.
The kids run was followed by the 5K. There were over 1000 people there, so it was a riot! I was worried about my legs not being fully recovered from the marathon, but they toughed it out with me, and it was a really great run! It felt good to get out there and run after the big break I have had. The turkey trot was great! It will be a new tradition of ours for sure. Mike and Mel also ran the 5K. Go neighbors! It was great to see them there. Good times, good friends.
Ben and Sam were such a good sports to get up early, wait in the cold while we ran, and cheer us on. What good guys, I am so lucky.
After that, we came home and did the usual...make food, talk, eat the food, play games, check out all of the ads for tomorrow, sit around, watch a movie, ect. The best part of all though is that it SNOWED!!! Hooray! Perfect ending to the day if I say so myself.
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. We sure had a great Thanksgiving, and really, we are just thankful for days like this.

p.s. Tomorrow will be my first experience shopping Black Friday. I have always wanted to do it. I LOVE holiday shopping. I am pretty excited! Kristen and I are all geared up and ready to go. We have our lists and our boxing gloves. 4:30 a.m. baby! Be there or be square!


The Good Neighbors...and of course, Good Friends.

It was very cold, poor Mary was freezing, but tried to smile.



(below)Mary and Mom after the Turkey Trot.

No comments: