My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

lukie's first day

A couple weeks after school started for the older kids, Luke got his turn.

He was so excited!!!

We did the same thing for him as we did with the others.  He had a school blessing, he had a new school outfit, and he set everything out the night before.

He was literally bursting at the seams as we headed out the door.
he was really this excited..ha!!  He was also sporting a nice black eye to start the year out nicely.

Molly was also excited, because Luke seemed so excited.  And maybe somehow she knew, back in the little brain of hers, that she was about to get mom AND the house, completely to herself for the afternoon.


Luke was trying so hard to show off his cool black eye.
I drove him to school the first few days, because there was a mix up with the bus schedule.  I didn't mind...it gave me a chance to get even more pictures, and to hover around Luke that much longer.

He did get a little nervous as he was standing in line waiting to go in the building, but once his teacher came out, he marched in as if he owned the place. He is starting Duel Immersion this year, and I can't wait to hear Spanish coming from this little cute boy of mine.

It was definitely a little weird that afternoon, with just Molly here are home.  There were moments of pangs in my heart and a few tears just in the back of my eyes, but knowing that Luke was in a great place, with great teachers, learning good things, kept my heart happy.


No comments: