My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, July 3, 2014

baby room

I finally finished the baby's room today, and I LOVE how it turned out! 

I do have a few more little things to add, like a cute little lamp and clock that match the décor, and cute twinkle lights for the fairy tree and windows, but other than that, the room is done!

Of course, there is no crib in there, because the baby will be with us for the first little while, but when it is time, we will move her little bed in there too.

I thought for a long time about what to do for her room, and was pretty stumped. Then I went to a craft store one day, and saw a few things that got my brain rolling, and it all fell in to place.

 I decided on a fairy garden.

Not one of those creepy fairy gardens with half naked fairies, weird gnomes, and scary creatures.  Nope, not that.

I did a cute, happy, flowery, fun fairy garden.  I had a blast doing it!

I have one final idea for a wall hanging, and I can't wait to do it, but we need to wait until baby girl has a name first.  I will probably finish it after she is born.  I will post pictures of it when it is done.

So, here are some pictures of the room.  I call it my "happy place" now, and when I get discouraged, or feel crummy, or worry about the pregnancy or our little girl, I just go in here, and I feel happy, at peace, and close to my baby.

The little chest holds the dress, hat and bloomers that Mary wore for her first photo session.  This little girl will also wear this dress.


I bought all of these adorable little flowers to stick to the wall above the bed. Each flower is so dang cute.  I wish I could take a picture of each one.



It took a long time to find cute fairies.  I love the ones that I found for this shelf.  They are playing musical instruments made out of leaves.

I bought this picture of the fairy picnic for Mary's room when she was little.  I was so sad to put it away when she changed her room up. Now it is back up again, and makes me smile every single time I look at it.  I will get a close up a little later.  The light from the windows was reflecting on it, so I couldn't get one today.

You can't see it, but there is a wind chime hanging down from the right side, and lots of pretty beads and shiny things mixed in with the leaves.  I will soon be hanging cute flower twinkle lights here as well.


trying to get a close up of the adorable flowers and cute bird




above the closet doors


you can see the corner of the fairy tree.  It has lots of flowers, lights, and sparkly things in it.


I tried to get a shot of the cute little balls I hung all over, from the ceiling.  You can only see a few of them in this picture though.

And there it is.  So fun!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Want to come decorate my house? :-)
I'm glad it all has come together! So cute!