My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Friday, September 13, 2013

wills turn

William has had a rough time with Sam and Mary going to school.  Every morning, for the first week, he would put on his backpack, ask me to pack him a lunch, and then head out the door with Sam and Mary.  He would get so sad when I had to bring him back home.

It broke my heart every time.

I have been telling William he will get his turn soon.  Preschool was coming up.  He would get so excited and talk about it for a long time. 

FINALLY..the big day came.  William was literally bursting with excitement.  He wore his backpack all morning long, and just paced the floors.  Mary and Sam were really good to make a big deal out of it too.  They even joined in the pictures.


He wore his favorite Robot shirt (the cute collar shirt I got him lasted about 2 seconds, before he ripped it off), his favorite cotton shorts (he hates zippers or buttons), his baseball hat, his adorable cheesy grin, his Mario Cart backpack, and of course, no shoes.  (I finally talked him in to shoes at the last minute).
He walked around outside, all ready to go.  I think he was pretending to be Mary and Sam catching the bus.

After what seemed like forever, it was time to go.

When we got there, he jumped out of the car, ran to the door laughing, and burst in to the preschool.

And then he stopped in his tracks, hid behind me and cried.

Yup, that's my kids.  New things are hard.  Wonder who they get that from?  ;)
I figured this would happen, but hoped it wouldn't.

I ended up staying for a LONG time with a squirming Luke in my arms, and I finally left William bawling.  I felt horrible leaving him, but the teacher assured me she would help him.

I prayed the whole way home that William would be OK.

When I picked him up, I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw William through the window.  He was laughing at something the teacher was doing, and he was bouncing around. 

He was thrilled to see me, and I gave him a huge hug and then buckled him up in the car.  He immediately tore his shoes off, sighed, and said, "That's better mom!"

He said he liked preschool and that his teacher is nice.  Then, he asked for a doughnut.

Oh William.

No comments: