My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Friday, April 12, 2013

the bike show

Yesterday afternoon, I found this taped to our front widow.  (not the door, because it would take the paint off....my kids have learned well)   :)

 
I absolutely love it when my kids do things like this.  Play in the dirt, get creative, try new things, and play outside.  You know..the things we all used to do back before the days of the wii, kindle fire, x box, facebook, and all that fun stuff.
 
The neighbor kids, Blake and Bailey (quickly becoming part of the family), also participated in the show.
 
It was very impressive I must say. The jump was pretty big for these little kids, and they would crash, get up, and try again.  They would get so excited if they successfully cleared the jump.
go mary go

 Of course, Ben had to get in on the action as well. Silly daddy.

sammy watching his superman dad



sammy going as fast as he can

 
And William did his own show for us, complete with "revving up" his scooter before he blasted off.
 
 It was a great show that was topped of with a visit from some neighbors with a plate of cookies for us, and the sun FINALLY peeking through over the gorgeous mountains, after a nasty, cold, gray week. 

It was a good ending to a not so good day.  I am so thankful for my children who can show me that the simple things can make life good, even when those "no good very bad days" tend to creep in now and then.

No comments: