My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Move

Well, we are here.  We made it!

We moved Saturday, and of course, it was bonkers.  It was kind of surreal actually.  The kids played, I took care of Luke and last minute packing and Ben and some guys loaded the truck. We were so grateful to those who came to help. We did one last sweep of the house, said goodbye to a few close friends and then hopped in the moving truck and the pathfinder and set off.

William had already been sitting in the truck, buckled and ready to go, for an hour before we drove off. He was that excited to ride in the big truck.  It was hilarious!

Then we drove through the gorgeous canyon bursting full of fall colors, in to the gorgeous valley that we now call home. I just grinned and grinned.

Some guys from our new ward were waiting for us and they helped us unload. It was no small task. We were so greatful for them as well.

The townhome we are in is really nice, and of course small.  It will be a good spot for the next little while. It is in a cute neighborhood and the view from our window is of mountains, fields, horses/cows, a barn and a big open sky. I just stare out the window several times a day and feel my heart settle and my spirit calm.  It is awesome. It is a big reason we are here...space and serenity.

The first two days were really hard unpacking and helping the kids settle. It was extremely stressfull, but we survived. Moving with a 2yr old and a 5 month old is no small task.  Mary and Sam really helped a lot though. It was fun to have them more involved.

The kids had their first day of school yesterday. I was so nervous for them and I worried all day.  I didn't want them to be all alone at recess or lunch. They both came home grinning and had a great time. They played with friends and really liked their teachers.  It was a huge relief for everyone! The school has a great feeling in it, and I love how everyone is so nice and down to earth here.  The school is a great fit.

William is beyond difficult right now. The move threw him off, and he is making life pretty miserable right now for himself and those around him.  I pray every night that he will settle in and calm down. For now though, he is the biggest challenge of the move.  If I am not careful, he can actually drive me insane before the day is 1/2 over.  It's a good thing I really love him, and that he can be cute when he wants to be.  I am ready to send him to grandmas for a month though.

It is red ribbon week, and it is really fun here in Heber. All of the stores get involved and if the kids go in and show their red bracelet, they get fun things like cookies, slushies, bowling passes, swimming passes, ect.  It has been fun for the kids to see more of the town and to get a feel for things.  Again, another fun thing about living in a smaller town. It is just more intimate and there is less "red tape," so businesses, teachers and people are more able to do fun, creative things. Everyone is so nice and personable.

We got the house decorated for Halloween yesterday, and we had our annual FHE of carving pumpkins and eating caramel apples. So our little porch is all decked out with our carved pumpkins and some decor, and our house has the Halloween vibe.  I would add pictures, but the box with the camera cord is yet to be unpacked. ;)

So there you have it.  The huge part of the move is over. Thank goodness!  I am so glad to have it behind us.  Now we just settle in the best we can for the next 5 months until the house is done.
I am already getting small glimpses of what an amazing place this is that we have moved to. I am excited for our future here. It just fits.

4 comments:

peterson said...

Wow you are an amazing women! I don't know how you do it. It has been such a help reading your blog. We seem to go through a lot of the same things. We just moved here 4 months ago from Pennsylvania. So like you we moved states with 4 kids. Like you that move was directed by God. Now we have found a house in a neighborhood that feels right for our family, just not sure how I feel about the timing. We close on the house next week. The two in school are nervous about leaving there friends and school again. I also have a 2yr old and a 6month old. Not sure how I'm going to make it through this move. My husband works 6 days a week and the closest family is over 15hrs away.
I'm so glad you found a great place for you and your family and that people around were able to help. Thanks so much for keeping up the blog. I hope you & your family have a great Halloween:)

Heather said...

So excited for you guys! And what a relief that the kids love school. I think that is so hard on us moms to worry about switching schools and how the kids will adjust. I'm sure William will settle in. He could probably just sense the stress and worry about the move and is acting out to compensate for it. I'm sure he will be back to normal soon! Hang in there until then! I am just way excited for you and your new chapter in life. Heber is beautiful and will be a great place to raise your family!

Colleen said...

Congrats on settling in! It sounds like a perfect place for you guys, and the kids as well! Knowing school went well is a HUGE relief. 2 can be such a hard stage, especially when there is transition going on! Hang in there and keep looking out that window to find all that serenity!

kendra said...

congratulations! That is awesome that it just fits. I can totally picture you guys in Heber.