My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little Mary Sunshine

For any of you that know Mary, you know that she is one spunky little girl. She LOVES dirt, sports, thrills, fast pace, bugs, tonka trucks, ect.
I don't blame her, after all, she is literally surrounded by boys everywhere we go. She has put up with a lot and has learned to hold her own pretty well. She has some great friends that are boys and they are good to include her and be nice to her, but sometimes you just need another girl.
I have thought it is pretty cute to have such a fun girl with quite the tomboyish personality, however I can't help but wonder sometimes.
Mary moved up to a new gymnastics class last month and it is all girls!!! FINALLY! She has been overrun with boys in gymnastics up until now. It is an advanced class and she is the youngest by a year, but they are all still great friends and giggle and laugh the whole time, when they aren't working their buns off! It is quite the class. She loves it! On top of that, she has a new, adorable and very sweet friend...Kate. They have a blast together. We have been so excited to have a girl her age around. Maybe these are the reasons for her major transformation.
Mary totally shocked me the other week when she asked if she could be a princess for Halloween! I wasn't sure she even knew what a princess was! I was pretty pumped, so we went all out. The dress lights up, she got make-up, a princess hat, ect. We can't wait for Halloween! She also decided that her doll house is a fun toy to play with. She plays with dolls, and she wants more! Santa is going to have to make some changes folks (the top of her wish list was a tonka truck followed by a bug catching kit)...we now have a girl.
Today she asked me if she could have bows in her hair for preschool!! I was in shock. Not only that, but she wanted pink and purple! I LOVE IT!!! (her hair is messed up in the picture because it was taken after park day and preschool..both of which she played so rough that her bows had to be replaced several times....lol)
We have also gone back and forth on what kind of Birthday party she wants this year. Because of so many boy friends, we have tried to think of neutral themes. Recently however, Mary is really really wanting a Strawberry Shortcake party. I am not going to push this one aside. If she wants to be a girl, by all means, I will let her be a girl. Her boy friends are all good sports, I am sure they will be fine.
Of course, she will never be the major girly type, and I don't really want her to be...I sure wasn't. She still loves bugs, dirt, sports, ect., but it is so nice to see that she is getting a balance now.
Bring on the pink, the dolls, the dresses and the nail polish! Girl power!





3 comments:

Colleen said...

Hooray for girls! I wish I could do pink and purple bows!

my4suns2 said...

She's a cutie. I love your family pictures, they turned out great. I don't have a blog, so I can enjoy yours!
Jacquie

Unknown said...

I am so surprised how Mary is growing up so fast! She is definitely maturing so much and is a freaking cute kiddo! By the way, I think you transferred your cold via blogger to me ;)