My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Backpacking Trip

This week was a fun one around our house. Our good friend Ryan Dorman (currently living in New York) flew in this week and spent a few days with us. Pretty cool huh! It was so much fun to have him here, and we had some great times. We love to have visitors and it was so nice to have an extra person around to hang with. Ben and Ryan went backpacking/camping Thursday and Friday. Crazy! It is freezing!
They had a great time and got some awesome pictures. They found a herd of big horn sheep, they practiced their yodeling, played the harmonica, talked to the sheep, ate mac and cheese, brought back some rusty nails for me (how sweet??), and did all sorts of man stuff. I am sure I haven't heard some stories and probably never will, but hey, boys will be boys.
I stayed home with the kids and we had our own little party. We went to the gym (they love the kids room, and I needed to run), rented Scooby Doo's Halloween Adventure, made a fort out of the blankets, and I bought them their first happy meal ever! Yeah I know, mom rocks...for that night anyway.
Too bad they were up until 3:00am with stomach aches. Party over, no more McDonalds for them. Once was enough. I knew there was a reason we never go there.
Anyway.....Ben and Ryan got back safe and sound and all was well. Maybe I can get Ben to post more about their adventures, but for now, the pictures will do. Enjoy.
As for Ryan....come back soon!!!





No comments: