My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, March 10, 2019

sam completes a duathalon

A few weeks ago, Sam's friend Blake Sweat invited him to go to St. George with he and his mom and her boyfriend to participate in a duathalon. (bike and run race).  Sam was so excited to go!  Mainly, because he would be able to spend an entire weekend in St. George with his best buddy. 

They had so much fun!  They swam, they went shopping at fun stores, they hiked, and they completed the race!  The race was not easy at all.  It was a 3.5 mile run and a 10 mile bike ride.  I was so incredibly proud of those boys for finishing it.  Karli, Blake's mom, said that it was a hard course and she wasn't sure the boys could do it.  She was very impressed with the boys and their determination.   My favorite quote from Sam was, "mom, it was so hard and so fun!"  Music to my ears!  Lesson learned.

Sam and Blake have been best friends for 5 years, and their friendship is so special.  I love that they got to do something like this together.  Hopefully there will be more in the future.






No comments: