My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, June 17, 2018

luke graduates

This past school year for Luke was a really hard one for him.  He struggled almost every single day to go to school.  He has had a lot of anxiety and social anxiety problems, and school is just a very difficult thing for my little guy.

It was so hard for me, as his mother, to send him out the door each morning.  He fought it for a long time, he cried a lot, he begged a lot, and then, the last 1/2 of the year, he would go, but I could see the apprehension in his eyes.  It broke my heart for him every single day.

Luke is very smart, and had no problem with the actual school work, it was just the social aspect of it all.  His therapist, Tamatha, has been a huge help to him, and she gave him lots of tools to help him deal with his struggles.  His teachers were also excellent to work with Luke and to help him feel comfortable the best they knew how.

Luke's kindergarten graduation was a big deal because of this.  It wasn't just a celebration of graduating Kindergarten, but for us, it was a celebration of Luke's making it through the year, and hanging on, even though it was so hard for him.

The graduation was adorable!!  Luke didn't want a speaking part, so his teachers let him do the flag.  He LOVED it, and he felt very important.



 He also got to be one of the five green and speckled frogs for one of their songs.


They sang a bunch of songs in English and Spanish.  The program was adorable!


At the end, Luke got his certificate.  He didn't shake any of the teacher's hands, but at least he got his paper.  haha!!
He walked right past the principal, haha!  Oh Luke.

 
Luke did stand next to his teachers for one last picture.  I am so grateful for these ladies.  They truly care about my sweet little guy.
Mrs. Mahoney- English

Mrs. Solan- Spanish
I am so, so, so proud of Luke!  I love this boy of mine with all my heart.  Good job Luke!

No comments: