My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, May 19, 2018

mothers day

Mothers Day weekend was a good one.

Saturday was Sam's last soccer game with this team.  The weather was CRAZY!!  Right as the game was supposed to start, there was a huge downpour with thunder and lightening, so they postponed the game.  Once that storm passed, they started the game, but it began to hail like crazy, so the stopped the game until that storm passed.  Once they resumed again, the wind was nuts, but they kept playing through it.

The weather was so bad, that I was the only one that went to the game.  I was an idiot, and I was just wearing my gym clothes, because I had just finished working out.  I FROZE!!!

The game was good, and Sam had a great season.  He loved this team, and I feel like he learned a lot.  I noticed that Sam has become  much better with his foot work, and his confidence in taking shots at the goal has increased too. 

I am excited to see him continue on.

One last STORM cheer.
The rest of Saturday was spent cleaning, training the dog, and trying to entertain kids who were cooped up due to the weather.

Sunday, Mother's Day was a good day.  The kids gave me really cute homemade cards, and gifts they made in school.  The weather finally cleared up and the sun came out, which was a huge deal to me.  I really need the sun.
We decided to get everyone, including the dog, outside.  We went to the park.
While we were at the park, Sam asked me if I wanted to race him.  Somehow I had energy to spare, so I agreed.  I wasn't sure I could beat him, but I thought there was a good chance I could.  I run almost every day after all.

Once the kids heard that I was going to race Sam, they all wanted to race me.  We decided to have a family race.  Ben would be the finish line.  I figured Mary was the only one that would most likely beat me.

Well, we did the race and Sam and Mary completely smoked me....by a LONG way!  They blasted past me and got way ahead.  I didn't have a prayer!  I couldn't believe it.

To make matters even more crazy, William also beat me.  Yup, my 7 year old.  For real.  I did not go easy on them at all.

I was so astonished by how badly I was beaten, that I called for a re-match.  That one was only worse. 

I am not a competitive person, with other people, so I wasn't bothered, but I was definitely shocked.  It was actually hilarious!
That is me, way, way back there in the blue sweater, running my absolute fastest.  And that would be Mary and Sam, absolutely trashing me.  haha!!!  William wasn't in this particular race, but he beat me every single time.

It was really fun to play with my kids and to be together as a family.  We all had a good time.  One the walk home, William walked up to me and said, "it's ok mom, maybe when you're older, like 90 or something, you will beat me."
Thanks William.

Church was great.  Mary was asked to speak in Relief Society about women in her life who have been Tender. 
She wrote the talk herself, and she wrote all about me.  It was very touching and very sweet.  I kept the talk.  It was so special.
 We had a yummy dinner after church, and Mary and her friends worked really hard the day before to make cake pops (my favorite dessert) for me.  They were so yummy!

We hung out after dinner.  We did some push up contests, sit up contests, and talked about each child and their special story of coming in to our family.

It was such a great day.

I am so blessed with my beautiful children, and to be a mother to them.


Being a mother is my greatest treasure and gift.

No comments: