My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, May 19, 2018

big, Big, BIG weekend

Two weeks ago, we had one of the biggest weekends to date. 
Ben left on Thursday for a bike race in Moab.  He has been training hard for this race, and he was ready and excited.  It was an enduro race, so it was going to be a long race, and would require a lot of endurance.

Friday was the usual for me.  Pick up Boston and Beckham to babysit.  Get my boys off to school.  Take Boston to school.  Head to gym. Run 10 miles at the gym.  During my workout, take Beckham to school (his school is in the same building as the gym). Finish at gym. Pick up Luke from School. Feed Luke and Molly lunch.  Pick up Boston from school.  Feed him lunch.  Pick up Beckham from school.  Feed him lunch. 

After everyone was fed, I rushed over to the school, to take William's Birthday treats to his class.  William's birthday is a week after school gets out this year, so his teacher let him pick a day to celebrate it with the class.  I took donuts in to his class, and he was so excited!  He is a total ladies man, and when some of the kids in the class were telling me that William has crushes on ALL of the girls in his class, William just proudly said yes.  The girls just giggled.  It was hilarious.  Go William!!!  We all sang happy Birthday to William, and I stayed for a little bit to share the moment with him.  I love this cute kid.


After doing William's birthday donuts, I waitedt for Mary to get home, then went grocery shopping for the week.  After grocery shopping, I came home in time to greet my boys at the door from school.  The kids played until Boston and Beckham's dad picked them up.  Then, it was off to Sam's soccer game.  I dropped Sam up for warm-ups, then came home, fed everyone dinner, and packed us all up to head to Sam's game.  Sam's team had a GREAT game!  They finally won, and it was a big win.  6-1.  Sam had several shots on the goal and 2 assists.  I was so proud of him.

Sometime during the day on Friday, our disposal in our kitchen sink went out.  This was a huge pain, because it was backing up all of the water in the sink and making a smelly gross mess.  I made the mistake of running the dishwasher, and it backed up and ended up flooding the kitchen floor.  It was an epic disaster.  I spent the rest of the evening after Sam's game doing all of the dishes by hand and cleaning up the flooded kitchen.

Saturday morning Molly and Luke had soccer games.  I packed up the family and we went to their games.  They did awesome!  Molly has caught on quickly, and Luke scored 2 goals for his team.

After the games, I left Mary and her friend in charge, and I went for a long run. I didn't have a distance in mind, it was just a gorgeous day, I needed to get out, and I could feel that I had a long run in me.
It ended up being 16 miles!!!  It felt so good to be back outside again!  It was so pretty.
I about died the last few miles, but I pushed through. 
This view from my favorite running trail will never get old.


I came home to complete chaos, as expected.  I got everyone settled, took them all out for ice cream for babysitting, took some ibuprofen for my seriously cramping muscles, cleaned the house, packed us all up, and we headed to another one of Sam's games.  I was completely exhausted, but sometimes that has to be pushed aside.

This was another awesome game!  The team tied, but Sam had several shots on the goal and an awesome assist.

Ben got home Saturday night.  He did great at his race!  He felt good about it, had a good experience and placed well. I was happy for him.  This was a big deal to him, and he worked hard. 

We all crashed Saturday night.  BIG weekend.

No comments: