My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Friday, November 1, 2013

party time

I think Halloween gets bigger and bigger every year.  I am not a Halloween scrooge, and I enjoy the holiday, but this year it seemed like it just kept on going.

Between school parties, carnivals, friend parties, adult parties, church parties and the actual holiday, we have been celebrating for over a week now!

It started with Ben's 32nd Birthday.  It was on Sunday, so it was a little more low key, but it was a good day.  The kids made him cute cards and gifts, we made him his favorite dinner and cake, and he opened his gift from me.... tickets to the Lady Antebellum concert here in Salt Lake in a few weeks!!!  Yup, we are going together and making a date out of it!  It is going to be awesome! 
We love Ben and were happy to celebrate him.


 
After celebrating Ben's birthday, we had 5 parties the following week.  We all had to dress up for a few of them. And of course, I made my famous eyeballs.  We have another Post-Halloween party tonight, where we will dress up again, and I am going to make homemade oreo spiders...oh yeah.

William couldn't choose what to be, so he was a pirate sometimes, and a ghost at others.

 

Beautiful Cleopatra

the cutest spider in the world

witch

Pirate Sam!


Punk Rocker

 
The parties and celebrations were all fun, but my favorite part of Halloween, is still Halloween.  This year was even more special because grandma JoJo came to visit and was able to trick or treat with the kiddos.
 
I love lighting up the carved pumpkins on the porch, lighting the fall scented candle, turning on the spider web lights, watching a Halloween movie, wearing my pumpkin earrings, watching the kids trick or treat, and of course, partaking of lots of sugary goodness.  Halloween is awesome! 
 
The kids had a great time, and we all decided that we live in an awesome neighborhood for trick or treating.
Ready to go trick or treating!

 
I bought 400 pieces of candy, gave each kid that came to the door 1 piece, and ended up running out!  Yup, our neighborhood is bursting at the seams with children, and we love it!
 
Happy Halloween!
 

2 comments:

Julz said...

Just wanted to say I love reading your blog. I really needed a laugh today and I read your out of the mouths of Babes section. That was the pick up I needed. I think I'm going to borrow Sam's "Be nice to the humans" I love it.

Colleen said...

Everyone looks so great!