My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, July 7, 2013

family fire

A few weeks ago, we were wanting to go camping, but we had too much going on that weekend, so we decided to go have a fire up in the mountains instead.

Of course, it was a beautiful place.  Everywhere here is beautiful, but it was the kind of place where you just look around you and say a prayer of thanks in your heart for this earth and it's creations. 

We talked around the fire, roasted marshmallows and Starbursts, and enjoyed the serene feelings of nature and just being together.

The kids found all sorts of stuff. As usual, Mary found dead things.  Including 2 snakes, which resulted in me sitting with my legs up on my chair the rest of the evening.  I wasn't about to have any snakes crawling up my legs.

We also had a cow come into our little meadow.  She brought her little baby calf with her.  She wasn't very happy that we were there, and at one point looked like she was going to charge at us.  That brought out Ben's gun, and some fear in all of us.  But, she went on her merry way after a while, and we resumed our fire fun.

It was a good night with the people I love the most.

No comments: