My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, August 2, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!

Sam is officially in Kindergarten! I just said goodbye to him a little while ago. He is such a cute little boy. Man, I love that kid.

He received a blessing from Ben last night, and I could tell that he took it seriously. He sat still during the whole thing, and listened to what Ben was saying. It was a special moment for sure.

  Sam is so ready for school and he was so excited.  It made me very happy for him, and I know he is ready for the break from home and the schedule of school. 

 He was big and brave and didn't shed a tear. He waved with a huge grin on his face as he walked into the school. His cute grin made my heart melt.
Sam is in the corner by the blonde girl. Again, keeping the sun out of his eyes.

There are 6 kids in his class from out ward, and one of the kids is a good friend of Sam's. The found each other and stood in line together. It is always nice knowing he will have a buddy.

His teacher is Mrs. Calhoun. Mary had her as well. She is a phenomenal teacher and she is so kind and patient. I know that Sam is in good hands.  He got to meet her and see his classroom on Monday, and it made him even more excited.
the poor kid had the sun right in his eyes

William was the sad one. I broke my heart to see him call out for Sam, and then hear him ask for Sam on the way home. He will miss his brother for sure, but Sam will be gone during nap time, so for William, it won't be that long.
buddies

Wow, two kids in school now. I can't wait to get the full report when they come home. I am praying that Sam has a great day.  Go Sammy!

3 comments:

Shaina said...

sweet school-aged big boy!! I can't believe he was so brave and independent! Not the Sam I remember!
Our school starts up again next week,and I almost can't believe it's that time again...almost!

Colleen said...

He looks SO happy to be starting school! What a bittersweet day! That darling boy is growing up!

Erin Darrington said...

What a sweet boy. He's going to shine!