My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A letter from school...the good kind.

Mary came home from school a month ago with this letter.

First of all, I had no idea there even was an art contest going on!

Second of all, Mary didn't even show me the paper, I found it later that day in her backpack. Mary was very chill about the whole thing, and said that they announced her name over the school speaker to congratulate her, and it made her shy. Ha!

I, on the other hand, was very excited for her. It was a crack up to me that Mary would win an art contest, when her mother can't even draw a stick person to save her life. I found it very amusing and so cool!

She must get it from Ben. He is the one I go to when a Birthday Party requires pin the tail on the lion, and the kids have no idea that the picture I drew is a lion. Ben gets the fun jobs like that from now on.

Mary's art won her school contest, and was hanging in her principals office for a few weeks, and then went on to win in a district contest. It has been hanging up in the School District office for about a month now. We decided to go see it yesterday. Ben and I had not seen the picture yet, and we were very curious.



It was amazing! Ben and I both stared at it with our jaws down. (we are the parents, we can do that) She showed us how she blotted the paintbrush on the pot, to make it feel like a real pot, and it did! um...yeah. Like I said, not from me, but so cool!

We were so proud of Mary, and she even grinned a little herself when she saw it hanging up there in the board room.

Go Mary! I can't wait to see what other surprises will pop out of my kids as they grow and mature.

1 comment:

Gina said...

love her artwork! You should definitely frame it and put it in your home somewhere!