My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Monday, April 4, 2011

10 months!

William is 10 months old today! It sure doesn't feel like it.

I would have to say that this month I have really noticed a lot of changes in him. He is developing from an infant to a baby and soon to be toddler. It is crazy!

Stats.
He is currently 25 pounds.

He crawls everywhere, and he loves it. He crawls to a rhythm. It is very systematic. It cracks us up! When he tries to crawl really fast, he puts his head down.


He not only crawls, but today, as I was typing this post, Mary yelled for me to come see something. I found this.

William had made it all the way up this far, without any help and without anyone noticing until Mary luckily found him. Eek! She is an amazing sister and an awesome babysitter. She loves him so much.
With us watching him, he made his way up the rest of the stairs like he has been doing it for years. Mary was very concerned about him being that high up (as you can see in the picture) and I was too. Time for the baby gate. Geeze!


His laugh comes straight from the belly and it is absolutely hilarious!

He is beginning to eat finger foods, and he loves all of it. His hands are so chubby, and his fingers are even more chubby, so he can't really pinch the food. He has to get a fist full and shovel it in his mouth. His favorite right now is Rits crackers.


He learned to pull himself up on things last week. He loves it until he gets tired. He is too scared to sit back down, so he just holds on to whatever it is he is standing by and cries until I can rescue him.

He is incredibly curious. More than the other two were. I have to be very quick to shut doors, put up garbages, shut cupboards, and so on. He LOVES to get into things. I have a feeling he is going to be the 2 yr old mess maker. He is not mischievous though, he is just very curious.

He calls his bottle his "mama." He eats solids now, but still loves his bottle. I am getting very excited to be done with the formula in two months. Hooray!

Because he is more mobile, he is also getting lot more bumps and bruises. Like this nasty one on his cheek.

And this goose egg on his head. He hit the same spot one week later and got another giant bump. Poor baby.


He is the dancing king!!! He LOVES music. He dances to the hymns at church, he dances to the radio, he dances when someone is singing, and he even dances to any random noises he hears. His favorite is Mary's Barbie guitar that plays the Barbie Song. It is absolutely hilarious! We have it on video, but I can't get it on the blog. Oh, it is so funny!


William learned how to wave a few weeks ago. He does it backwards and waves to himself. It is one of the most cute things I have ever seen. He looks at you with his cute puppy dog eyes and waves to himself. Oh man, what a heart melter.

He is VERY shy lately. If a stranger says hi to him or looks at him, he will duck his head down and then slowly tuck his head into my chest. He will peek out every few seconds to see if the person is still there, and if they are, he will hurry and tuck his head back in. It is very funny. It only makes people pay more attention to him because it is so cute.


He is very playful, and is starting to interact more and more with Mary and Sam. They are very good to him and they seem to know exactly what will make him laugh, or what he likes to do. It is so precious to me to see my kids playing and laughing together. I love each of them so much and I thank the Lord each night for the blessing I have to be a mother to them. They fill my life with joy. They are everything to me.

2 comments:

Shaina said...

Sounds like perfection to me! What a cute boy!

Jenny Axford Cook said...

He is sooooo adorable! I miss you guys!!!