My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Buddy Boo

Ben's mom and his brother Dan and his family came to stay with us a few weekends ago. We had a great time with them! It was really fun to have a house full of family and to show them around our new "place of abode." While they were here, we caught up on some pictures. First was William, a.k.a. Buddy Boo. JoJo and I, and Mary and Sam, took William in for his first professional pictures. He wasn't super happy at the moment, but he wasn't fussy either. He was just kind of hanging out. We didn't get a picture of his big huge smile, but I love the ones we got. They are perfect for infant pictures. The picture lady kept trying to make him sit up, and finally Jolene said, "he is only four months old." She looked at me in complete shock and said she was sure he was at LEAST 6 months old. Problem solved. From then on, she treated him more like the four month old he is, and got more smiles that way. I thought it was pretty funny. I forget that he looks way older than he is, because he is so huge. Here are some of the picts. we got of him. Dang, we love him so much. (the one that spells Love, with his head as the "o" cracks me up. We didn't buy this one, but I laugh really hard every time I see it. It is just so hilarious to me.)







We also went up into the mountains which are gorgeous right now, (not kidding!) and got some family pictures. They are hilarious, and I wish wish wish that I could post them right now, but a thing on our computer is broken, so I can't download them right now. Sam is very camera shy at the moment, so he was hiding or frowning, and Mary loves the camera, so she was living it up, lipstick and all. We did get some pretty good pictures as well. The pictures are fun, and I will post them asap.

On a side note, we were Boo'd earlier this month. You know, the thing where someone leaves a yummy treat on the porch with a sign, and then you do it to two more people, and then they continue it on. Anyway, Mary and Sam were VERY excited to Boo some of our friends here, so we got some cookies and waited until dark. I drove them to the house and they tip-toed up to the porch with the plate of cookies. Mary set them down on the porch, knocked and ran. Sam followed her, went up to the porch, stepped right in the middle of the plate of cookies, knocked on the door and ran back to the car. We got away just in time. They never saw us. The kids giggled the whole way home. They think they are soooo sneaky.
I didn't know about Sam stepping on the cookies until I saw this....

Yup, that is the bottom of his shoe with frosting all over it. Ben and I laughed our heads off. Then he texted them (they don't know his number) and apologized. They texted back saying they were getting a good laugh out of it, and not to worry. They were good sports, and they are great friends as well.

3 comments:

Katie Ladwig said...

Okay, the frosting shoe cracks me up! We just did that last night and me kids were just as excited, except Trevor wouldn't get out of the car. Maybe it is a good thing or we might have ended up with the same result.

Katie Ladwig said...

After I made my comment I showed Landon the new pics of William. I told him about how you liked the name from our nephew from our wedding. Then we couldn't help but notice, your William is just as chubby (if not more) than ours was at our wedding. What a cute baby!

Juls said...

hahaha, that cracks me up!! that picture with the love reminds me of the awkward pic of the boy playing his clarinet. Anyhow I love the pic of him lying down with his smile! So sweet! It was fun seeing the pictures of William. We should be able to get some fam pictures next month! Hope you are doing good! Glad to hear Mary is doing better at school!! It's going to be so strange having Lilly go to school next year. Have a great day! We love ya!