My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Good Eats?

Friday night, Ben not only came home early, but he had a work dinner that night (yippee!) and a babysitter already lined up. Perfect words to a frazzled mom.

After a serious babysitter saga (Mary is having major issues right now when it comes to me leaving her sight) and Mary and Sam ending up at the Bishops house for a movie and popcorn and friends, it was off to the Cheesecake Factory.

I ordered this INCREDIBLE barbecue ranch chicken salad. I kid you not, it was big enough to feed our entire family for two nights! I think I ate for 15 minutes and it didn't look like I had even taken a bite. Talk about bang for your buck. The picture was taken in the to-go box after my third time eating it. Still enough for two more people.

The next day was a Cintas work picnic for the whole family. The company was great, the park was great, the food....not so much. Let's just say that when I asked for corn on the cob, the lady used a SPATULA to slap on about a pound of butter, then she proceeded to throw about a cup of cheese all over it, THEN she pulled out the liquid butter and poured it all over it. The corn was topped with paprica, slapped on a plate and handed to me. I could feel my arteries freezing in place as I watched in horror.

That evening, there was the 11th annual Crawdad Picnic. It is a neighborhood tradition. Again, the park was awesome, the company was very awesome, and the OTHER food everyone brought tasted great....the crawdad's, hhhmmmm After a visual on how to break off the legs, head and shell, as well as an explanation that at one point described how to remove the "large vein", my crawdad experience was officially over. Crawdads should just remain in the water eating trash, where they belong.



Three parties in one weekend, not bad huh! 4 parties in one week. I think we picked the perfect spot!

Oh yeah, and if I thought baking in Colorado was tough, check out these babies! Talk about a kitchen disaster. I bet you can't even guess what they are supposed to be. Believe me, it tasted great, but was not worth the calories.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness- a whole weekend where you didn't even have to cook- except for that interesting concoction at the bottom of the post? I am so glad that you guys are loving your new place! I hope you post pics soon of all the fun colors you are painting!!! I've never been brave enough for the crawdad thing so I can totally understand your uneasiness!!!

P.S. Nothing but unintentional mooning went on, on our moon day. I feel as if I have neglected my children's education now!

Colleen said...

Mmmm, I love food, and yours looks great, even the flat cookies.

The Fortin Family said...

I'm glad to hear you've found the perfect spot. If only you had your old neighbors it would be even better...wink,wink.

Miss you guys. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Mama Bear said...

We had a ward like that and it was great. I miss it, especially in the summer. Crawdads, mmmm, never had, probably never will.