My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The New Do

Today was a GORGEOUS day, and we made sure to soak it all in. We worked out first thing, then rushed off to the St. Patty's Day Parade (which was really cool), then came home and let the kids ride bikes (Sam is now on a big bike...post coming soon...way too cute), then we bought some skirts for me to wear to church (literally nothing fits right now, but I found some cute stuff) and somewhere in between all of that, we went to get Ben's hair cut. Yeah, yeah, why don't I just do it myself, yadda yadda yadda. But, if you could have seen what I did to his hair the last time I tried to cut it, you would understand. Not good, nope, not good at all.

While we were there, I was looking at Mary's hair.
Mary was blessed with Ben's thick, gorgeous, fast-growing, blonde hair.
Her hair is absolutely stunning...when she lets me do it. And that is the problem.
She has a very tender head, and just bruising it every day is a constant battle.
Curling her hair is almost out of the question. But when I do curl her hair, it is so unbelievable. It is gorgeous! Truly, she has some great hair.
Lately though, it has been all stringy looking and it has been bugging her. She has been asking to get it cut. I tried to trim it the other week, and it did help, but it still just looked so flat and stringy.

While sitting there in the salon, waiting for Ben, I browsed through a hair book (wishing that I had Ben's fast growing hair, so I could FINALLY get my dang mullet cut fixed) and found a very cute little Bob hair cut that would be perfect for Mary. What do you know, but two seconds later, Mary pointed to it and said, "That's how I want my hair! Then it won't get in my face, it won't get stuck in my bike helmet, and it won't get tangles in it."

After a few hours of thinking about it, Ben and I both said, "why not," and we took off for the hair salon.


Before (this is after being brushed)


During


We like our hair lady. She is so nice and she does a good job. Mary thought it was so cool to finally be the one in the chair. She has watched Sam and Ben so many times, and now it was her turn. She was pretty happy!

After

Yes, it looks lop-sided, but I think it is because I didn't get that part curled right. I am pretty sure I missed a chunk. If it continues to look that way, we will go back and get it fixed. The good thing though is that Mary likes the round brush/blow dryer, WAY more than the curling iron, and it is much faster! Hooray!
And of course, she can't keep her hands out of her hair. She LOVES it! I think she looks adorable.



She really likes her new hair style, but I took these pictures VERY late at night (for a 5 yr, old) and she was beyond exhausted. She did try to smile though. She was asleep about 3 minutes after I took the pictures.

Before Church



After looking at her hair, I am tempted to take her back in and get it layered in the back a little more. Almost like an A-line, but not super short. I like her hair cut now, and so does she, but maybe a few more layers up the back would give it even more body.
What do you think???

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Love it. She is so cute that she can pull off any hair style!! I love that her reasoning is that it wouldn't get stuck in her bike helmet!

Deanna said...

I love it!!! She looks so adorable! You are so brave to cut off that much....I couldn't do it. :) But I love how it looks on her!

Shaina said...

She looks adorable!!!

Colleen said...

I LOVE the little bob! So adorable, Mary!!

Katie Ladwig said...

It looks so cute. I think that a few more layers in the back would be nice for her. That is how I have my hair right now. (I cut it even shorter than it was at Thanksgiving.) Coming from someone with hair that grows quickly, play with it. If she doesn't like it, it will grow back soon enough.

Keith said...

So cute, I think the a-line would be cute too, if you didn't want to spend as much time blowing it into curls. There is a little girl in our ward with that kind of cut with a-line up the back and it's really cute.
P.S. I just noticed Keith is the one signed in, but it really is Lisa :)

Nayomee said...

She looks so stinkin cute!! I love it!