My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, March 22, 2020

st george soccer

In February, Sam and Luke both had a soccer tournament in St. George.  It was right in the middle of Ben's work training, so I had been single parenting for weeks by this point.  The weather had been gray, cold and gloomy, and I was beyond exhausted.  We were all in desperate need for a change of scenery and a break. My mom offered to come to the tournament with me, so we could navigate all of the different practice and game times.  Ben's mom stayed with the other kids at our house.

The tournament was just what we all needed!  We stayed in a HUGE house with Luke's team.  There was a pool,hot tub, movie theater room, Foosball, basketball, tennis, mini golf, 12 bedrooms, and most importantly, SUNSHINE!!!

The boys each played three games.  Luke's team is playing down an age group, so they were playing teams much bigger and older than them.  It was their very first tournament ever.  They tried their best, and had a very good experience.  It is a learning season for his team, but once they start playing in their own age bracket....watch out!!!!

Sam's team did awesome.  Sam played the best soccer I have ever seen him play.  That kid can run! They got to play a night game under the lights, and Sam loved it.

In between games an practices, we basically played at the house and basked in the sun.

It was a really fun tournament for everyone.  The boys literally played until they dropped.  I love watching my kids to the sport they love.  It makes all of the practices and driving and business of it all worth it.  

I really hope they get to do this tournament next year!






















No comments: