My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Friday, January 18, 2019

juggle

Life is busy.  I don't mind the busy.  I can handle the stress of a busy schedule much better than I can handle stress from noise, fighting, messes and so on.  That will unravel me in about 10 seconds.

Yesterday however, was absolutely nuts!  We pulled it off though, and I think we all deserve a huge pat on the back for not only surviving yesterday, but this entire week.  Some weeks we are busy, but we are in our groove, and it all works out fine.  Other weeks, it is just plain keeping our heads above water.  That would be this week.

Sam had 5:30AM soccer practice yesterday, so we got up bright and early.  (4:50 in the freaking morning)  We picked up a few boys, and headed to the rec center. I did a big sweat sesh at the gym while the boys were practicing.  It is pretty convenient that the gym is in the same building they practice in.  Then it was back home to get everyone off to school.  The middle of the day was pretty low key, thank heavens.  I just tried to catch up on dishes, laundry, cleaning, blogging, scheduling, my calling, and so on. 
When the kids got home, I had to get Molly ready for her dance recital dress rehearsal.  On the way, I dropped Luke and William off at a friends house.  Mary stayed home and got ready for cheer, and Sam went to a friends house.  We had quite the storm going on.

I got back from Molly's dance recital dress rehearsal, and we were both soaked to the bone.  We had to run to and from the car in a snowy, slushy mess.  It was nuts!
Luke's friend took him to a Birthday party he was invited to, I picked up Sam and William, got Molly's hair and make-up done, and headed back for the recital.  I also tried to help get Sam ready for his second soccer practice of the day, and get his carpool lined up.  He ended up missing the practice and coming with me instead.  Too much soccer anyone?
In the main time, Ben was trying to get here through a huge snow storm and very slow traffic.  Mary was also headed down a very slick canyon for cheer, and making slow progress.  Luke made it to the Birthday party and had a blast!
Sam and William saved seats in the auditorium, while I helped Molly backstage, and Ben was frantically trying to get there on time.

Ben made it in the nick of time, we got great seats, and Molly did awesome!!  It was one of the cutest things I have seen in a long time.  Molly LOVED wearing make-up, and she thought that everyone clapped at the end of the dance because "her make-up was so beautiful," haha!
Molly is in the twinkle stars class, and they do their dance with their twinkle bear.  The bear and Molly have matching leotards.  It is so cute!



On the way home from the recital, in a huge storm, Ben grabbed dinner for everyone, I picked up Luke, and I got a text from Mary's ride home from cheer, telling me that there was an avalanche in Provo Canyon, and that the girls would be stuck in Spanish Fork for the night.

30 feet of snow completely blocking the road
Luckily, Alina has an aunt and uncle that live there, so Mary and Alina stayed the night there, where Alina apparently threw up all night due to food poisoning.  They are still there right now, and I am trying to get them home.

Life with 5 kids.....always an adventure!

No comments: