My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, January 17, 2019

happy new year 2019

We relaxed and hung out the week after Christmas.  The kids went skiing a few times with Ben, and I took my time cleaning the house and putting Christmas stuff away.  It was nice to have time to do that.  Usually, we are rushing out the day after Christmas, in order to visit family.  We left at the end of the week to spend New Years in Pocatello.

We had a fun time with my parents.  The kids got their wiggles out at Geronimo's.


 
I got in my first 10 mile run at a pretty good speed, so I was thrilled!!!  Must have been all the Christmas carbs, haha!  Not bad 13 weeks after surgery huh.
 
We did New Years Eve bowling, which was really fun!








 
And we braved the FREEZING temps to blow up the Christmas tree.  My favorite tradition of course!
Bop teaching the kids how to properly shoot off the fireworks



 We watched movies, ate crap, hung out, played, and had a good time welcoming in 2019.

We came home to a full schedule.
First up was Mary's third Cheer competition, gymnastics development team tryouts for Molly, soccer practices (2-a-day's, which means 5:30AM practices twice a week, as well as pm practices 3-4 days a week) for Sam, a piano recital that I planned and did myself with my 9 students, school homework, dance recital practices, planning the blue and gold banquet, and everything else under the sun.

My parents were kind enough to come down to watch Mary's cheer comp. this last weekend.  Level 2 struggled, but still got 2nd.  Level 4 nailed their routine and came away with 1st!



Right before Christmas, the prophet announced that all boys turning 12 in the year 2019 will be able to get the Priesthood in January, as well as a temple recommend.  The girls turning 12 in 2019 would go to YW and also get a temple recommend in January.  Young Women and Young Men will now advance together in January through the priesthood as well as classes.  This meant that Sam would be able to get the Priesthood and go to Young Men's!

He was ordained on Sunday, and it was really special.  It is so neat to have another priesthood holder in our home, and to see Sam so willingly take on such a sacred and special responsibility.
My dad was able to be a part of that, which was very cool to me.  We were able to have a family testimony meeting after the ordination.  It was a very neat time for my little family.
 
The Prophet has made a lot of new changes lately in the church.
Sister missionaries can now wear pants...as of a couple weeks ago.
The temple sealing is different as well as the endowment session, as of a week ago.
Church is now two hours instead of three.  That just started two weeks ago at the New Year.  We do the third hour at home as a family.
The scouting program will end at the end of 2019, as well as Personal Progress for the Young Women.
 
It is exciting to be a part of all of these changes in the church.  I feel the work is speeding up to prepare us for the second coming.  I feel a bigger and bigger responsibility to do all that I can to teach my children in the home.  It can be scary, and rewarding all at the same time. I am trying to do my best, and I pray it is good enough. I can't wait to hear of more changes to come, as we have heard this is just the beginning!

No comments: