My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, February 16, 2013

valeninemonthubes...yup another one of those posts

Valentines...nine months old....and tubes.  You get three posts in one.

Valentines day was fun at our house.  I normally go all out for holidays, but right now, in our cramped quarters and with the decor packed away, holidays have been smaller, but no less fun or happy at our house.

The kiddos woke up to a table with balloons, chocolates, candies and a toy for each of them.  It was cute to see their faces light up at the sight.

Mary worked all week on Valentines for each of us, and they were adorable.  Valentine's Day is her favorite holiday, and she put a lot of time and effort into her Valentines.  She is such a sweet girl.

Once the kids were off to school with their homemade valentine boxes and bags of valentines for their friends, I took Luke to Primary Children's Hospital to get tubes in his ears.
I guess that 9 ear infections in 8 months isn't exactly great, not to mention the thick mucus that hasn't drained from his ears since Thanksgiving.

The wait for the surgery was 2 1/2 hours, the actual procedure was 3 minutes.
he looked so cute in his little hospital outfit
um, yeah.  That is the FLOOR of an exam room, where we hung out for 90 minutes.  Fun.

 They put Luke to sleep with a mask, so he didn't have to get an IV.  When the tubes were done, the surgeon came in with a big cheesy grin on his face.  He said that he could not believe how much "gunk" they ended up clearing from Luke's ears, and he was elated that Luke was going to feel "like a whole new baby."  I have never seen a doctor that loved his job and his patients so much.  He was genuinely happy and excited for Luke to feel so much better.

The recovery was smooth, and we were home in time to get Mary and Sam from school and see their grins as they carried their boxes full of valentines to the car.

We had heart shaped pizza (which William literally ate half of) and root beer for dinner, and then it was time for the sitter to come and Ben and I were off.  We went to this cute little cottage restaurant in Midway and had cheesecake and ice cream Sunday's.  It was a very fun date and I loved being able to spend time with my favorite buddy and eternal friend. We brought Luke with us, but he was still recovering from the anesthesia, so he was snoozing away the whole time.

It was a great Valentine's Day.

I have missed the past few months of updates on Luke, and since I have all of his goes a nine month update.

He is 16 lbs 10 oz
He is 10% for weight and 30% for height.
He has 5 teeth and is cutting 2 more.
He started crawling a few weeks ago.  He crawls with one knee on the ground like normal,  and one knee off the ground.  It is hilarious, but it works for him.

He has been to the doctor 11 times in two months.  All for RSV, pneumonia and constant ear infections. As of two days ago, his right lung is still infected, but almost cleared of the pneumonia. That stuff just seems to linger!
He eats solids, formula and table food.  His favorite is bananas.
Ever since the tubes, I have noticed that his hearing is greatly improved.  He has always been curious, but now he is even more so, because of all the new sounds he can finally hear.
He is a VERY happy baby.  He will smile at and go to anyone. Even when he was extremely sick, he still had a smile for us every now and then.

The doctor calls him iron man, because apparently his iron numbers are amazing.
He laughs easily, he smiles easily, and he loves to play.
We love him so much and kiss on him all day long.

I think that is about it for now.  Up next...The Monster Jam.  Oh yeah.

No comments: