My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Monday, February 18, 2013

monster jam

Sam's Birthday is this week, and for the past little while, I have been wondering what to get him, that he didn't already get for Christmas just a few months ago.

And then it came to me....a monster truck rally!  A good ol' mullet sportin', white trash smellin', big truck revin', car smashin', monster jam.  Perfect.

Sam is in love with monster trucks.  He just can't get over the sheer size, noise and monsterness of it all.  I decided to look and see when there would be a monster truck rally in our area, and I was so excited to see that there would be one in Salt Lake the very week of Sam's Birthday.

Ben's parents came to visit this weekend, so they decided to join in the monster truck madness too.
I stayed home with Luke and William (the Monster Jam was extremely loud, and too loud for little ones), and Sam took off with Mary, Ben, Ben's parent's and some of Ben's relatives to go see the Monster Jam. 


I kept picturing it in my head all day, as they were at the event.  The look on Sam's face when he saw the trucks, the noise, and the whole experience.  I had no doubt that Sam would love it.

Sam has been counting down the days to this FOREVER!  He has been so excited.  I don't think it disappointed either.

We all met up at Cafe Rio in Park City after the monster Jam, where I got low down from everyone about the experience.  Sounds like it was great!  Sam was exhausted by that point, but did continue to ask when the next one would be.  :)

And so it is official.  My boy has been to a monster truck rally.  One boy down...two more to go.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Those are so fun! We went a couple of times when I was a kid. A great way to celebrate your Sam!