My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, June 9, 2011

He Graduates!

Preschool co-ops are an interesting thing. They have lots of perks. They are free, aside from a few dollars for supplies, they are with people you know, they are normally in the neighborhood, and you have control over the schedule.

Along with the perks, whether people admit it or not, it can be challenging. Lots of kids in your home, some willing to learn, some not, a lot of chaos, some moments of fun, and quite a bit of stress. Add a baby in the mix, and it gets really challenging.

The one week of stress is worth it though, because then you have 5 weeks off. Or is it???

The one reason it was worth it to me this time around...Sam LOVED it!
He had a great introduction to what school is all about, and he enjoyed it.

The kids were all really good kids. Naturally, the girls were more ahead of the boys, and more willing to participate and listen, but Sam and Landon (his "best friend in the world") did really well.

Sam went from scribbling all over the paper, to actually drawing people and things! I was so excited to see his first real picture. He also has learned how to write his name. That is a big step too.

I have discovered lately that Sam is incredibly creative. He has gotten really into blocks, and I cannot believe the things he can build! His mind and body are maturing really fast right now, and he is making the change from little kid, to big boy right before our eyes. He has changed a lot since the move, and out of everyone in our family, the move to Utah has made the biggest difference for good with Sam. He is thriving and happy and growing and maturing. It is a good set up for him.

This was the third co-op I have done. I did two for Mary, and have done this one with Sam. As cool as they are, Sam will do preschool next year over at the new Herriman High School. I admire all of the amazing women that can do preschool in their homes, and someday (when I don't have a baby in the house) I may give it a shot, but for now, preschool in our home needs to wait. The High School has a great program over there, and after visiting it once, Sam asks me every day when he can start. They are very organized, the classroom is adorable and really fun, and the curriculum is great. Landon will be doing it with him as well, so that is the icing on the cake. Everyone is happy!

Here is our group from Sam's preschool this year. They are an adorable group of kids! This is at the graduation.


Lauren Schmidt, Skylar Case, Ember Dressen, Annika Miller, Landon Serdar, and my Sammy boy.


Sam thought his diploma was a better telescope than a diploma. I think the picture speaks volumes about the way his mind works right now. They asked each kid what they wanted to be when they grew up. Everyone said Rapunzel (including Landon..lol) and Sam whispered to me that he wanted to be a firefighter. He is still in a shy phase right now with some things, so I was his spokes person.

It was a cute graduation, and Sam enjoyed the year. We are excited to see what next year will bring! Love you Sammy boy.

No comments: