My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Monday, April 19, 2010

Good Times

What a weekend. It was wonderful! It was full of good friends and good times.

It started off with a date to lunch with Mel.."the good neighbor." Her son Tyler and our little Mary are the best of friends. Mike and Mel and Ben and I are also extrememly close. Mel is in school full time and Mike works in Denver, so we haven't seen much of eachother lately. It was so fun to be with Mel and to watch Mary, Sam and Tyler play until they dropped. It was a great afternoon and I walked away with a huge lump in my throat at the thought of leaving this wonderful friendship behind. I am comforted though, in the fact that this is one of those friendships that distance will not break.

Friday night, we ate at one of our favorite restaurants, Texas Roadhouse. Thank you Cintas and Ben's hard work. We didn't pay a cent for the dinner. That is the best kind of dinner in my opinion. We went to the one in Monument. Good food. Good times.

When we got back, it was off to Mike and Mel's. They are our camping buddies, but since it is too early to camp, and they bought a fire pit, we decided to test it out.
We ended up staying until 11:30pm. The kids played and played and played. We laughed until I thought the baby would come out. We talked, we joked, we laughed more, we told stories, Mike (a past realtor) gave us tons of advice for buying a home, and we basked in the goodness of friends. Good memories. Good friends. Good times.

Saturday was the baby shower. It was a joint shower for Traci and I.


She is having a girl and I am having a boy. It was really fun to share in the partying and the company.
Good decorations.

Good food.

Cute stuff everywhere.

Good friends.

And this picture has now brought me to tears at least twice.
How will I ever leave these wonderful women in my life. Honestly! They are more than just friends to me. We have all been through so much together. The bad times and the good.
Thanks again Adri and Lori for doing the shower. It was wonderful!
And my little boy won't come home naked. He has some great outfits to choose from.
Good times.

Sunday evening, we decided to drive to Garden of the Gods and walk around. Ben was saying it was probably his 15th time there, and it was probably my 10th. We really like that place.
The lighting was absolutely perfect as we walked around and soaked in the fresh air. To top it off, there was a group of women singing some beautiful songs. As we walked, their musics echoed off those majestic rocks and we just basked in the beauty and wonder of being in such a beautiful place. Again, it left lumps in our throats and holes in our hearts at the thought of leaving, but oh what a wonderful time we have had here.
Good times.

I am grateful.

8 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

Just keep soaking it all in! You've definitely earned your fair share of good times!

Katie Ladwig said...

What a wonderful weekend. Keep enjoying it right down to the bitter end. And hey, we'll have to plan trips back to Colorado Springs together after you move.

Colleen said...

The best weekend! It is so hard to leave behind good friends. We will miss you so!

kendra said...

utah? wow. you will love it.

Mama Bear said...

Becky!! You're breaking my heart. You'll do wonderful where ever you are! Strong lady.

Jeff and Lori said...

We will miss you Becky! I'm glad I'll still get hear an update now and again. I love blogs!

Jenni said...

I can't imagine how hard it is going to be to leave for you guys . . .but on the plus side you'll now only be an hour and a half away from the Hogmans. Can I hear a Woot! Woot!! Super excited for you guys and hope this means that we'll be able to see you again!

Lisa said...

Where have you gone??? I hope it's good things keeping you away! Love you!