My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

24 hour book of mormon read

Mary got an idea from one of the Young Women in our ward to read the Book of Mormon in 24 hours for her value project.

Mary recruited her friend, Lydia Muhlestein, and they put a plan together.

The plan included me taking them to the Dollar Store, where they bought so much junk it was incredible!

The plan also included them dragging mattresses, shelves, pillows, blankets, speakers, and all of their junk food, downstairs, where they set up a huge "reading room."

I'm pretty sure the "set up" for this huge undertaking took as much time as the actual project.
the "pantry"

about 15 hours in

going a little looney...about 18 hours in

Once they were all set up, they opened the Book of Mormon and started reading.

They read and read and read.  They also listened to it and followed along. 
I was upstairs with the rest of the family, doing our usual stuff, but throughout the day...and night...I could hear them down there reading.

It was pretty cool how the whole feeling in our home changed.  There was an underlying feeling of an added measure of the spirit.  It was just a little more peaceful and comfortable.  It was really neat.

They read all through the night, and into the next day.
They came upstairs to use the bathroom and to eat an actual meal, and then headed right back down.

Lydia ended up having to home, with about 4 hours left of their 24.  It was 11:00pm by this time, and Mary was sooooo tired.  I went up to her room with her, and together, we finished.

I am so proud of Mary, and for her desire to accomplish such a huge goal.  I am really happy for her to have such a neat experience with the scriptures as well.  She definitely strengthened her testimony and her faith.  This is more important to me than any other thing Mary could do.

I am so proud of her....even if she does some pretty crazy stuff. ha!

No comments: