My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mr. Toad



This week, Mr. Toad, our "tadpole," finally got his arms. He is now a complete frog. (however he still has his long tail...hhhmmmm) He got his legs a long time ago. He has been the ugliest creature we have ever seen, but really interesting to watch as he mutates.
I was in the pet store looking for a leash today (Chamonix pulls me so hard on our runs, that I literally have sprained my fingers where I hold the leash...time for further action) ANYWAY...I was in the pet store and decided to ask someone what a frog/tadpole/mutant eats.
I described our enourmous tadpole to the guy and he said, and I quote, "Holy Smokes..you don't have an ordinary frog, you have a bullfrog! Who the heck gave you a stinkin bullfrog!"
I came to find out that bullfrogs are a danger to the ecosystem and that I need a lisence to even have one. Thank you Walmart for not knowingly selling us a bullfrog tadpole thingy. Good ol' Walmart. And I thought I was being such an educational mother buying my kids a tadpole that they could watch grow.
So, the guy said that our frog will get so big that he will need to eat mice and small birds! EWE!!! We will also need at least a 20 GALLON TANK to hold him!!!! He will get HUGE and really really loud.
It isn't legal to sell him to anyone, or to give him away, so we just get to wait until he is enourmous, eats his tank-mate Mr. Goldfish, keeps us up all night, and then try to give him to some lab or some school biology department. Oh wow, and we thought a dog was a lot of work.

No comments: